24 October, 2011

A plague about to infect its surroundings!

Most customers know that Butter Beats has the Kingz Cans range. We recently brought out Ques Black Plague! So on that note, we decided it was best for all to get to know QUES a little better. There was no better way than to show off some of his work and get an interview.

Who are you? 
I write QUES tfh.id.bamc

And when did your adventure as a graffiti writer begin?
I did my first piece in november 2001, shorty after that graffiti consumed my life...
 
Who/What are your major influences for you artwork?
Some of my favourite writers are Saber, Craola, Totem2 , Shok1 etc...
but i find influences in everything from fine art to blackmetal logos to tattoos and naturally occurring textures and anomalies.


What has been the most memorable mission for you so far?
Too many days and nights spent planning and executing missions they all sort of blur into one haha, but gettin around LA with my fam over there is always great.


What is your preferred medium?
aerosol, Kingz Cans to be precise.





How did you develop your style?
I'm not sure, besides always being drawn towards the darker side of things, simple color schemes and nasty letters are what i like to see.
I want my pieces to look like a plague about to infect its surroundings.

Any last words?
Big ups to Usirp, Blues, Genius, Ksino, my crews and everyone else out there not interested in the politics bullshit.




Thanks Ques, it was good to chat to you.
To view more of Ques' work, check out the Kingz Cans blog;
kingz-cans.blogspot.com

Butter Beats




No comments:

Post a Comment